Several positions are available for the 2016-2017 school year. If you are interested or know someone who would be great at one of these positions, please fill out the nomination form and bring it to the school office. All nomination forms are due March 10, 2016. The nomination committee will review all nominations and select people for positions. An approval or election, if there is more than one candidate, by all PTO members will occur at the spring PTO event on April 22nd. If you have any questions about the PTO or available positions, please contact the nominations committee chair Kate Huberty.
Many of these positions could be filled by working parents. If you are interested in serving on a specific committee, please let us know. All applicants must be PTO members and have a child or grandchild enrolled at JC Sawyer to be considered for positions.
Board positions: President, Vice President, Treasurer, Secretary
Committee Chairs or co-chairs
- Fall Festival (coordinate this October event)
- Spring Event (coordinate this event)
- Membership (coordinate membership drive at the beginning of the school year, send home flyers, collect them, create membership database and input email addresses into PTO email account)
- Santa Shop (coordinate event, shop open for students to buy gifts for family and friends)
- School spirit (send home flyer for t-shirts sales, distribute sold merchandise, set up spirit days, etc.)
- Volunteer Opportunities (communicate with teachers about their volunteer needs and find and place volunteers, help find volunteers for special events)
- Fundraising (help with fundraising events for PTO)