Permission slips should go home with students this week for the Student Talent Show on Friday, April 22 from 6:00 to 8:00pm in the JCS Multipurpose Room.
To participate, students must:
- Return the permission slip with parent signature by April 5
- Have good behavior up until the Talent Show
- Attend the Preview Night on April 12 &Dress Rehearsal on April 21
Students can join a group dance (groups will be divided by grades, depending on the number of participants) that will choreographed by JCS parent Sharita Green or they can share their own talent !
Dates to know:
April 5: Permission slips due
April 12: Preview Night, 5-7:00pm at JCS
April 21: Dress Rehearsal, 5-7:00pm at JCS
April 22: Talent Show, 6-8:00pm, all performers must be at school by 4:45pm.
Practice Schedule: Practices for the grade level dances choreographed by Sharita Green will be held at JCS: 5:00 – 7:00pm on April 5th, 7th, 12th, 14th and 19th. If anyone needs help with their act or dance, please attend these practices. Contact Sharita Green for more details: (919) 594-4038
- Students must return a permission slip by April 5th to participate in the talent show.
- Student must have good behavior at school leading up to the talent show to participate.
- The length of the act should be less than 3 minutes.
- All performances MUST follow school district rules for appropriate language and dress code (please see the district handbook for details). Any inappropriateness may disqualify an act at the show and is up to the discretion of the talent show committee and school administration.
- All music must be family-friendly (no explicit lyrics or inappropriate references). The talent show committee has permission to substitute an alternative version of your song for the talent show.
- All acts must be performed by current JC Sawyer students.
- All performers must attend the Preview Night on Tuesday, April 12 from 5:00 to 7:00pm or your act will be disqualified from the talent show. For preview night, please supply own music and music system.
- You must attend the dress rehearsal on Thursday, April 21 from 5:00 to 7:00pm or your act will be disqualified from the talent show.
- The performance may be videotaped.
Download the TALENT SHOW permission slip