Help with FALL FESTIVAL @ JC Sawyer!
Oct. 14th 4:00 to 7:00 pm
Sign up for an hour shift (games, tickets or concessions): http://signup.com/go/U8NWhq (share this link with family and friends!)
Our next Fall Festival Committee meeting is Tuesday, Oct. 4th at 8:00am in the school cafeteria. All are welcome!
Wednesday, Oct. 12th: PTO Meeting, 5:30pm in JCS library
Thursday, Oct. 13th: Picture Day (pre-orders)
Friday, Oct. 14th: Fall Festival at JCS, 4:00-7:00pm
Monday, Oct. 31st: No school (teacher workday)
Nov. 1st – 4th: School Book Fair
Nov. 11th: No School (holiday: Veterans’ Day)
Our first PTO meeting of the school year will be:
Wednesday, September 14th at 5:30pm in the JCS Library
All are welcome to attend! We’ll be discussing the Fall Festival, Fundraisers, and our overall plan for the year. Hope to see you there!
The 2016-17 school year begins Monday, August 29th. Click here for the district calendar.
Have a great summer! Keep reading Dolphins!
Enrollment for new students at JC Sawyer Elementary will take place during these scheduled times, beginning July 12th:
Tuesdays & Thursdays: 9:00-11:00am and 1:00-3:00pm
You may pick up a registration packet in the school office at any time.
Information required to enroll/register a student:
- Parent’s License or ID
- Student’s Birth Certificate
- Student’s Social Security Card
- Student’s Shot Records
- Proof of residence (power bill or rental agreement)
- School Physical (kindergarten students and all students coming from a school outside North Carolina)
Registering kindergarten students must be 5-years-old by August 31st, 2016 (state law)
Here are some upcoming school events in May & June
CFA night: May 4th, 5-8:00pm (get a homework pass if you come)
Field Day: May 24th (grades K-2) and May 25th (grades 3-5)
EOGs: Science May 27th (5th grade only), Reading June 1 (grades 3-5), Math June 2 (grades 3-5); volunteers needed to proctor testing
Second grade Circus: June 7th, 6:00pm
5th grade Promotion Ceremony: June 9th, 8:00am
Last day of school (2-hour early release): June 9th
Permission slips should go home with students this week for the Student Talent Show on Friday, April 22 from 6:00 to 8:00pm in the JCS Multipurpose Room.
To participate, students must:
- Return the permission slip with parent signature by April 5
- Have good behavior up until the Talent Show
- Attend the Preview Night on April 12 &Dress Rehearsal on April 21
Students can join a group dance (groups will be divided by grades, depending on the number of participants) that will choreographed by JCS parent Sharita Green or they can share their own talent !
Dates to know:
April 5: Permission slips due
April 12: Preview Night, 5-7:00pm at JCS
April 21: Dress Rehearsal, 5-7:00pm at JCS
April 22: Talent Show, 6-8:00pm, all performers must be at school by 4:45pm.
Practice Schedule: Practices for the grade level dances choreographed by Sharita Green will be held at JCS: 5:00 – 7:00pm on April 5th, 7th, 12th, 14th and 19th. If anyone needs help with their act or dance, please attend these practices. Contact Sharita Green for more details: (919) 594-4038
- Students must return a permission slip by April 5th to participate in the talent show.
- Student must have good behavior at school leading up to the talent show to participate.
- The length of the act should be less than 3 minutes.
- All performances MUST follow school district rules for appropriate language and dress code (please see the district handbook for details). Any inappropriateness may disqualify an act at the show and is up to the discretion of the talent show committee and school administration.
- All music must be family-friendly (no explicit lyrics or inappropriate references). The talent show committee has permission to substitute an alternative version of your song for the talent show.
- All acts must be performed by current JC Sawyer students.
- All performers must attend the Preview Night on Tuesday, April 12 from 5:00 to 7:00pm or your act will be disqualified from the talent show. For preview night, please supply own music and music system.
- You must attend the dress rehearsal on Thursday, April 21 from 5:00 to 7:00pm or your act will be disqualified from the talent show.
- The performance may be videotaped.
Download the TALENT SHOW permission slip
We are selling tickets for our Spring basket raffle from now until April 22, 2016 when we will raffle them off during the school talent show. Check out this year’s fabulous baskets! They are in the school office, if you want to take a closer look!
Lots of things going on a JCS this month!
BOOK FAIR: JCS’s Scholastic Book Fair is during school hours March 7-11th! The Book Fair will also be open during March Extravaganza from 6:00 to 7:30pm on Thursday, March 10th. VOLUNTEERS NEEDED!! Please see or email Mrs. Godfrey in the Media Center if you are able to help: firstname.lastname@example.org
MARCH EXTRAVAGANZA: Come to school 6:00-7:30pm on March 10th to see student projects, like the third grade wax museum, fourth grade poetry slam and second grade inventions. Each grade will have work on display! PTO will have raffle baskets on display and tickets for sale. There will also be a sign up for the school talent show!
MARCH MADNESS: Cheer on the JCS basketball teams on Friday, March 18 at ECSU. Games begin at 4:00 pm. Admission is $5.
SPRING BREAK: Friday, Mar. 25 through Sunday, Apr. 3, Students return on Monday, Apr. 4th.